Gujarati cuisine Dal dhokli recipe
Ingredients required for making this Gujarati cuisine Dal dhokli recipe
Split pigeon pea (tuvar dal) -1 cup
Whole wheat flour – 1cup
Gram flour (besan) – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder- ½ tbsp
Red chilli powder – ¾ tbsp
Asafoetida – pinch
Oil – 1 tbsp
Peanuts – 2 tbsp
Kokum petals 3
Jaggery – 2 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – ½ tbsp
Cumin seeds – ¾ tbsp
Dry red chillies – 2
Curry leaves – 6
Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method for preparing this Gujarati cuisine Dal dhokli recipe
- Boil dal with ¼ tbsp of turmeric powder and salt in pressure cooker till well cooked. Whisk till smooth.
- Transfer the dal into deep pan and heat.
- Take wheat flour, gram flour (besan) salt, ¼ turmeric powder, half red chilli powder, 1 pinch of asafoetida and oil into bowl.
- Add water and knead into dough.
- Roll the dough into a ball, apply a little oil and roll out as thin and of oval shape. Cut into thin strips.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, peanuts, kokum, jaggery and red chilli powder to the dal and stir well.
- Add dough strips to the dal and let it cook on medium flame.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, broken dry red chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida. Add all these on same time and after few seconds add this to the dal.
- Let the dal simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Your Gujarati cuisine Dal dhokli recipe is ready to eat and serve with chapattis.
I hope you like this Indian gujarati recipe which is actually very popular and easy to make.
For updates, stay connected with us through Facebook and Pinterest.
Please comment below if you have any query or suggestion.