India has so many states and with each state, there are some special cuisine that are popular of that state. Gujarat is one of the state of India and it is very popular for its food like dhokla, fafda etc. I am here to guide you to make this Gujarati cuisine dhokla or gramflour sponge recipe at home and help you in cooking this cuisine in learning in a very simple way. Let’s cook it up.
Ingredients required to make this Gujarati cuisine dhokla or gramflour sponge are as:
Besan/gramflour – 1cup
Curd/yoghurt – ½ cup
Eno powder – small pinch
Salt – 1tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Green chillies – 2-3
Sugar – ½ tbsp
Curry and coriander leaves
Method for preparing this Gujarati cuisine dhokla or gramflour sponge at home is:
- Take a bowl and add besan/ gram flour, salt, eno powder, curd in it and mix well and your batter is ready.
- In a cooker or streamer, add 1 glass of water in it and put the stand in it.
- Put all the batter on bowl which is greased with oil and place this bowl in the cooker on the stand.
- Now close the lid of the cooker for around 15 -20 minutes and after 15 minutes check the batter with the knife, it is sticky or not. If not, then it is ready.
- Take out the sponge of gram flour out from the cooker and place it on a plate and cut it into pieces.
- Take a pan and add 1 tbsp oil in it and add mustard seeds and curry leaves in it and make them crackle for few seconds and add green chillies in it and let them turn into different color like light brown in color.
- Add 1 glass of water, lemon juice and sugar in it and make it cook for 5 minutes.
- Now pour this pan solution to the gramflour sponges (dhokla) and let all the sponges soak the excess water.
- Your Gujarati cuisine dhokla or gramflour sponge is ready to serve and eat. You can eat it with some chutney.
Check other gujarati recipes also, if you like this one.