Holi is a festival of India which is celebrated in all parts of our country. This festival represents winning of truth over evil. The pure hearted kid Prahlad with his devotion towards almighty God Vishnu fearlessly sat in fire with Holika (who cannot be burned). The fire burned evil holika and devotional Prahlad came out harmlessly. On small holi, everyone gather at important crossroads and they light the huge bonfires and celebrate the holika dahan. It is expression of love as God lord Krishna colors her beloved Radha and from there, the trend of coloring each other started. Holi special Mawa gujiya recipe is a most common and most popular dish which is prepared basically for the holi festival. Have a look on the recipe.
Ingredients required for making this Holi special Mawa gujiya recipe:
Mawa or khoya – 1 cup (crumbled)
Maida – 1 cup
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Oil – for frying
Salt – ½ tbsp
Almonds –10 chopped
Coconut – 1/2 cup (grated)
Raisins – 2 tbsp
Cashewnuts – 10 chopped
Sugar (powdered sugar) – 3 tbsp
Method for preparing this Holi special Mawa gujiya recipe:
- Heat the mawa on medium flame and let it cook till it get melted and light brown in color.
- Take a bowl and add maida, salt, ghee in it and mix well and knead and make dough by adding little water in it.
- When the mawa gets cooled, add almonds, coconut, raisins, cashewnuts, and sugar in it.
- Mix everything well with your hands or a spatula.
- Knead the dough for only once and make 10-20 round balls from it.
- Make a small round flat disc from it by using rolling pin and rolling board.
- Take 1 tbsp of mawa stuffing and place it on flat disc in the middle portion only.
- Fold into half circle and press it edges and make design by using fork on the edges of gujiya.
- Make all the gujiya like this and place them on a flat plate.
- Take a cooking pot for frying and frying all the gujiyas on both sides till their color turn into light brown.
- Your Holi special Mawa gujiya recipe is ready now and you can serve them to guests on festive occasion.