Indian dinner recipe matar paneer is one of my Best and favorite cooking vegetable recipe. It is easy and simple to make at your home which is made by using paneer(cottage cheese) and matar(pea). It is one of the popular recipe from Uttar Pradesh and It is cooked especially in the wedding to indicate the royalness and traditional way of cooking. This recipe is great for beginners who want to learn cooking skills,so lets get started and try to make it.
For this Indian dinner recipe Matar paneer, Ingredients required are:
- Paneer-250 gm
- Green chilies- 2-3
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Onion – 2 medium
- Tomato – 1
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Cumin – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tbsp
Method for preparing this Indian dinner recipe Matar paneer is:
- Chop down tomato, paneer, green chillies, ginger and onion.
- Take a pan and add ghee/oil in it and sprinkle a pinch of cumin and let it crackle for a while.
- Add onion, green chillies and ginger in it and saute it till it get light brown in color.
- Then you can add turmeric powder and coriander powder in it and mix it well.
- Add tomato in it and add 1 cup of water for cooking it and cook it around for 5 mins
- Now add chopped paneer (cottage cheese) and matar (pea) in it.
- Then add chilli powder and salt in it and stir it well.
- Add 2 glass of water in it and cook it on medium flame.
- Cook it around for 10 mins and stir it in between.
- Your Indian dinner recipe Matar paneer is ready now .