As earlier I told you about some recipes related to eggplant, so this is another one recipe related to eggplant which is kind of easy and quick recipe that is made by taking bigger eggplant and burning them in the flame of fire. After that we mashed the whole eggplant and convert it into a cooking dish. So do you want to know how to make this Indian mashed eggplant cooking recipe or baigaan ka bharta recipe, so take a look at this recipe:
Ingredients required for this Indian mashed eggplant cooking recipe are:
Eggplant – 1 big one
Onion – 2
Tomatoes – 1
Ginger – 1 inch
Green chillies – 3
Salt- 1 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Cumin – ½ tbsp
Turmeric powder- ½ tbsp
Coriander powder- ½ tbsp
Chilli powder – 1/3 tbsp
Procedure for cooking this Indian mashed eggplant cooking recipe:
- Take a big eggplant and put on the stove flame and make it burnt. Use a utensil for holding the eggplant.
- Please make sure the eggplant is burnt from all side and watch your hand. (Don’t make your hand burnt)
- Now put aside the burnt eggplant for around 15 minutes.
- In these 15 minutes, chop down the onions, ginger, tomatoes and green chillies.
- Now remove the black burnt coating from the eggplant with the help of spoon or a knife and move them in the direction of away from your face.
- When the coating removed, mashed the whole eggplant.
- Take a pan and turn on the stove on medium flame.
- Add oil and cumin in it and make it crackle for a while and now add onions, ginger and green chillies in it and stir them thoroughly and cook them till onion turns in golden brown in color.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and tomatoes in it and stir and add ½ glass of water and make it cook for around 5 minutes.
- Now add the mashed eggplant in it and add salt and chilli powder and stir and mix everything and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- This Indian mashed eggplant cooking recipe is ready now to serve and eat with chapattis.