Today, I am telling you about one of the favourite street food of India. Pau bhaji is very popular street dish in north India. But what if you want to eat it at home and also want to learn some Indian street food snacks at home. Then this is the best option of dish to start and knowing something about street food of India. So let’s make this North Indian style Pau bhaji recipe at home.
Ingredients required for making this North Indian style Pau bhaji:
Buns (pau) – 10 (cut in half from middle)
Onion – 1 big (chopped)
Potato – 2 (boiled and mashed)
Green chillies – 3-4 (chopped)
Green Bell pepper – 1 (chopped)
Garlic – 3-4 (chopped)
Peas – 1 cup
Carrot- 1 (chopped)
Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Pau bhaji masala (MDH) – 4 tbsp
Butter – 2 tbsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
Salt – 2 tbsp
Method for preparing this North Indian style Pau bhaji:
- Grind the tomatoes and make puree of it.
- Take pan and turn on the stove on medium flame.
- Add oil in the pan and put onions in the pan and stir them till they get light brown.
- Now add all vegetables (carrots, peas, green pepper) and let those vegetable cook for around 2-3 minutes and stir thoroughly.
- When the vegetables start turning into light brown in color, then you can add tomato puree in it. Let the puree cook for around 5 minutes.
- When the tomatoes started leaving oil from it, add mashed and boiled potatoes and stir thoroughly and cover the lid.
- Take another pan and add butter in it and add garlic and green chillies in it and cook it for a few seconds.
- Add salt, chilli powder, pau bhaji masala, and 1 tbsp of tomato puree in it and cook it for a while.
- Now add this pan masala to the main pan and mix thoroughly.
- Add 2 cups of water in it.
- Now let the bhaji cook for around 15 – 20 minutes on low flame.
- Now heat the buns by adding butter on them and kept them aside.
- Serve this bhaji with buns and chopped salad and pickle.
- Your North Indian style Pau bhaji is ready to serve and eat and can be taken as snack at evening time.
I hope you will like this recipe and please check some other interesting snack – macroni pasta too.
You can follow us on facebook and pinterest for updation of new and upcoming recipes.
Please comment below if you have any kind of suggestions and requests for us: