Refreshing drink Jal jeera or cumin water is a traditional Indian Ayurvedic summer refreshing drink which helps in increasing the appetite and aids in digestion. In spite of its name “cumin water or jal jeera”, this summer drink contains so many spices in it which have some special ayurvedic properties.
This Refreshing drink Jal jeera or cumin water is a very cooling summer drink that revives one person’s appetite. Some roasted spices like black pepper, cloves and cumin are used as fine powder and some fresh leaves of mint and coriander are used to give it a refreshing fragrance and taste. Let’s learn how to make this drink with homemade jal jeera powder.
Ingredients required for preparing this Refreshing drink Jal jeera or cumin water are:
Mint leaves (pudina) – 1/3 cup chopped
Coriander leaves (daniya) – ½ cup chopped
Ginger (adrak) – ½ tbsp grated
Tamarind (imli) – small ball dipped in water for 10 minutes
Lemon juice (niboo) – 1 tbsp
Sugar (chini) – 2-3 tbsp
Cumin seeds (jeera ) – ½ tbsp
Cloves (laung)- 2
Fennel seeds (saunf)- ¼ tbsp
Black pepper – ½ tbsp
Black cardamom (badi elaichi) – 1
Black salt – 1 tbsp
Dry mango powder (amchur) – ½ tbsp
Rock salt – ½ tbsp
Asafoetida (hing)- ¼ tbsp
Water – 1 cup
Cold water – 4 cup
Boondi – for garnish (optional)
Method for preparing this Refreshing drink Jal jeera or cumin water is:
- Roast the cumin seeds on low flame for 4 minutes and then roast clove, cardamom and black pepper for 2 minutes.
- Roast the fennel seeds for 2-3 minutes. Put everything in a grinder and let them cool for a while.
- Grind all the roasted spices with rock salt, black salt, Hing and dry mango powder and convert all spices into fine powder.
- Grind coriander leaves, mint leaves and ginger with a cup of water and create a fine paste.
Strain out the excess water from it and put aside the strained juice as we will use it for making the drink.
- Add cold water to the strained juice and add tamarind, sugar and lemon juice and mix well everything.
- Add 2 tbsp of fine roasted spices powder and mix well. Adjust the taste of the drink according to the taste of you and your family.
- Store the fine roasted spices powder and will make the drink whenever you want to drink it.
- Serve the jal jeera drink in tall glasses and garnish it with boondi.
- Your Refreshing drink Jal jeera or cumin water is ready now to serve and drink.
I hope it will refresh you and will help in providing instant energy. Check out some other Summer drinks.
For updates, stay connected with us through Facebook and Pinterest.
Please comment below if you have any query or suggestion.