Cottage cheese is generally used in India on some very occasion and cooked in so many different ways that you cannot imagine. One of its recipe is today I am presenting to you which is tangy or Spicy cottage cheese or paneer recipe or Paneer chatpata which can be made by using this simple cooking method. So let’s prepare this cottage cheese or paneer recipe.
Ingredients required for making this Spicy cottage cheese or paneer recipe or Paneer chatpata are:
Cottage cheese – 200 Gms (for 4 person)
Onion – 1
Curd – 100 Gms
Tomato – 1
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Green chillies – 2, 3
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
Chilli powder – 1/3 tbsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
Garam masala powder – ½ tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
Method for cooking this Spicy cottage cheese or paneer recipe or Paneer chatpata is:
- Cut the cottage cheese or paneer into small cubes.
- Take a bowl and add curd, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt and shake everything with a spoon.
- Add paneer cubes into this bowl one by one and put them aside for around 1 hour.
- Grind the onion and tomato in the mixture machine separately and put them aside.
- Take a pan and oil in it and add onion and ginger garlic paste and sauté it till it turn into light brown in color.
- Now add tomato paste and 1/3 glass of water in it and leave it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the curd paste and salt in it and stir it and make it cook for a while.
- It is time to add the curd paste coated cottage cheese or paneer in the pan.
- Make it cook for 5 minutes more.
- Spicy cottage cheese or paneer recipe or Paneer chatpata is ready to serve and eat. This recipe can be taken with chapattis or rice.
I hope you like this recipe and please check out some other other paneer recipes too.
For updates of new recipes, you can like our facebook page and pinterest board.
Please comment below and suggest and share your views: