Traditional coolest drink Thandai is mainly prepared on the occasion of festival Holi or Mahashivratri. It is the most popular drink from Rajasthan and it is made by adding milk, saffron, dry fruits and some spices. It is one of the coolest drinks as it gives instant coldness to full body. But it can be serve as hot in the winter or colder season time.
Ingredients required for creating this Traditional coolest drink Thandai are:
Milk – 1 glass
Sugar – 1 cup
Saffron – 3-4 strands
Almond – 8 (peeled)
Pista – 8
Cashew nuts – 8
Fennel seeds powder– ½ tbsp
Black pepper – 10
Cinnamon powder – ½ tbsp
Cardamom – 8
Method for preparing this Traditional coolest drink Thandai is:
- Add peeled almonds, pista, cashew nuts, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper and fennel seeds in the grinder and create a fine paste from it. Add some milk if paste need.
- Take a pan and add milk and saffron. Cook the milk to boil.
- When milk gets completely boiled, add sugar in it.
- Stir continuously till the sugar melts.
- Add the fine paste of dry fruits and spices into the milk and stir well and cook for next 5 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let the milk cooled. Put this milk mixture into refrigerator.
- Serve this traditional drink as cold.
- Your Traditional coolest drink Thandai is ready to serve and drink.